Wednesday, June 4, 2008

At the Garden Tomb

We spent our final day in Jerusalem at the traditional Garden Tomb for a communion service.Do you see the irony here? It made sense they closed the place for our 500 tourists and the service, but notice that the Garden Tomb is closed on Sundays. Gave me pause.

Amaryllis in the beautiful garden.
Moody Provost Charlie Dyer, who brilliantly led the tour and gives an insightful devotion daily.

We head for Jordan tomorrow and will see Petra, the city of rock, the next day. Though I wrote extensively about this phenomenal place in the Left Behind series, and many readers assumed I had been there, all was based on video and published research. I can't wait to see the real thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Closed on Sunday...odd...

Maybe they should close on Friday? :)

Eva Marie

Unknown said...

Dear Mr. Jenkins:
I have a great story that I wish to be told in a book and am looking for a person to co-write with me. You may be far too busy but perhaps you know someone. Mine is a unique story about God in the lives of my family, friends and myself. There is no other story like mine ever told. Would you be of help?
Best,
Tim Miller
PS We have a mutual friend and I am available to talk via my cell phone if you wish. My number is 615 268 5245