Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Recuperating...

...after the busiest week of my year. Last Monday Dianna and I were in Georgia where I spoke at a Christian School fundraiser.

The next day it was off to San Antonio where I serve on the board of Sammy Tippit Ministries. Here we are with Sammy and his wife Tex, dear friends. Sammy was the subject of my very first book in 1974.

Friday we were off to Lynchburg, Virginia, for our first ever visit to Liberty University. I spoke to 10,000 students in chapel, then visited Jerry Falwell's grave, then spoke at the Liberty writers conference.









It's good to be home, but Wednesday I leave for Denver where we have a Christian Writers Guild Craftsman residency for 10 novelists who will get several days of individual mentoring. Should be fun.

6 comments:

Cydil said...

I love Aunt Dianna's new look!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Found my way here surfing through various writing blogs, and thought I would say hello. Thanks also for writing the Left Behind Series. I credit those books with bringing me into a relationship with Jesus Christ. By the third book, I knew I didn't want to be left behind! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy checking out what you've been up to and seeing the pics of your grandkids. Mary H.

Kathy C. said...

Sounds like you need more white space on your calendar. (That's what we tell the kids when they want to do too much._

Pinque said...

Hey Jerry-

Great to see your rainbow clouds...

And you are looking great! Very much as I remember from Forest View (albeit different hair color!)

So pleased for your prosperity...

Lynn (Fyfe) Neher

Jerry Jenkins said...

Great to hear from you, Lynn. I'm actually about 10 pounds lighter than when we graduated high school in 1967, but you should have seen me 5 years ago when I was 135 pounds heavier. Grandkids are the motivation.

Hope you're well.