Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Magnificent Peak...

Here in Colorado Springs we enjoy an ever-changing view of Pike's Peak. I used to brag to our friends in the Midwest about the view from our house until another Coloradan overheard me and said, "We all have that view. The peak is more than 14,000 feet above sea level, so if you live here and can't see it, your house must be in a ditch."

Anyway, I got this shot from the road today, despite that a passing '57 Chevy makes it look like an old photo. The second shot makes clear that it's a modern day photo with the homes in the foreground.
Isn't it something how the mountain seems to rise out of the clouds? To me it looks like a painting.

1 comment:

Wayne Shepherd said...

Nice, Jerry. However as a writer who does his research, you should know that's a '55 Chevy (or is it a '56?). I'd have to see the taillights... I know, who cares? I should be looking at Pike's Peak :)