Son Dallas and his wife Amanda have our three oldest grandchildren, Sam (7), Maya, also known as Moo (4), Elle, also known as Beanie (3). When we get home from Israel we’re going to babysit them for a weekend. Here’s something from Dallas’s recent blog:
During lunch today, the kids and Amanda were talking about an upcoming weekend where my Mom and Dad are taking care of them while Amanda and I go on a 10th anniversary trip. Maya said, "And they'll do whatever we want!" Amanda laughed, to which Sam added, "But Mommy! There's a very important thing you can't forget! A list of what they'll need to do while you're gone!" So I said, "What do you think would happen if I didn't leave a list?" Sam says, "They'd be all messed up." In that spirit, Amanda asked Sam and Moo what they thought would be important to put on the list--here's what they said...
1. Take us to the toy store.
2. Take us to the pool.
3. Don't forget our swimsuits.
4. Don't let us touch poisonous frogs.
5. Go to a mall that has ice cream.
6. Don't let Beanie show her bottom.
7. Don't let Beanie shake her booty.
8. Cook the food.
9. Change Bean's diapers.
10. Wipe Maya's poopy batoosky.
11. Feed Toto and George (hamsters).
12. Have a movie night with popcorn.
13. Watch out for tarantulas.
14. Eat otter pops.
15. Give us baths (don't let the girls splash).
16. Don't let Daddy toot when he leaves.
17. Lock the doors at night.
18. Shoot bad guys.
19. Pick us up from school.
20. Pick flowers for Mommy and Daddy.